Clair Wills, Chair of the Fund for Irish Studies, is on sabbatical for the 2017-18 academic year. The Fund for Irish Studies lecture series will continue in Spring 2018 with Acting Chair, Fintan O’Toole.
- Reading and performance by Paul Muldoon with guest appearances by Iarla Ó Lionáird and Dan Trueman — February 23
- Fintan O’Toole gives the annual Robert Fagles Memorial Lecture on “Brexit, Ireland and the Rise of English Nationalism” — March 2
- Award-winning writer Sally Rooney reads from her debut novel Conversations with Friends — March 9
- Acclaimed filmmaker Pat Collins screens and discusses his documentary, Song of Granite (2017), about sean nos signer Joe Heaney — April 6
- Sir Richard Lodge Professor of History at the University of Edinburgh, Alvin Jackson lectures on “John Redmond and Edward Carson: Bloodshed, Borders and the Union State” — April 27
Learn more about past events in the Fund for Irish Studies series here.
Unless noted otherwise, events take place at 4:30 p.m. in the James M. Stewart ’32 Theater at 185 Nassau Street in Princeton, NJ. Event details and dates are subject to change.
Be sure to sign up to receive future event details by email.